The Rotary Scholars Programs aims to award deserving individuals who currently work or plan to seek employment in the Cashiers, Glenville, Lake Toxaway, Sapphire and Tuckasegee communities. Rotary Scholarship opportunities are open to anyone seeking financial assistance for an academic pursuit of any sort, including those attending two-year trade or associates degree programs, training programs related to their current or intended jobs, and continuing educations programs for advancement in their current careers.
All candidates must meet the following requirements for eligibility.
- • Candidates must live in the Cashiers, Glenville, Lake Toxaway, Sapphire or Tuckasegee communities and be employed in a local business, currently attending, or planning to enroll in a trade school or community college program.
- • Candidates should be, or have been, active in a community service and exhibit a potential for future leadership and success in the local area.
- • Candidates may not be the son or daughter of an active member of the Rotary Club of Cashiers Valley.
- • The candidate must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- • APPLICATION: Download and fully complete the Rotary Scholars application from this page.
- • PERSONAL STATEMENT: On a separate sheet of paper, please provide a 500 to 750-word essay explaining your financial need and how a scholarship from the Rotary Club of Cashiers Valley will be of benefit.
- • PERSONAL REFERENCES: Please provide two (2) letters of reference from persons who know you well and can account for your past or current achievements. These may be current or past work or school administrators or supervisors, colleagues, community leaders, instructors, mentors or other person of note in your life.
- • INTERVIEW: An interview with the Rotary Scholarship Committee is also a required part of the selection process. A member of the committee will contact potential candidates to set up a time and meeting place to conduct the interview.
- • SUBMIT THE APPLICATION: Mail the application and signed declaration along with all supporting documents to: The Rotary Club of Cashiers Valley, Attn: Scholarship Committee, PO Box 833, Cashiers, NC 28717.