The Source for a Healthier, Safer, More Successful Life
Clean water and sanitation is a human right. When people, especially children, have access to clean water, sanitation, and hygiene, they lead healthier and more successful lives.
We don’t just build wells and walk away. Rotary members integrate water, sanitation, and hygiene into education projects. When children learn about disease transmission and practice good hygiene, they miss less school. And they can take those lessons home to their families, expanding our impact.
How Rotary Makes Help Happen
Rotary has issued a global challenge to its members, asking them to work collectively to improve education quality and access — particularly for girls — by working with communities to improve teacher training, curriculum, and water, sanitation, and hygiene facilities.
Rotary makes amazing things happen, like:
• Strengthen the ability of communities to develop, fund, and maintain sustainable water and sanitation systems.
• Provide equitable community access to safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene.
• Support programs that enhance communities’ awareness of the benefits of safe water, sanitation, and hygiene.
• Support career-minded professionals’ studies related to water and sanitation.
• Create tools and resources that facilitate, measure, and enhance high-quality water and sanitation projects worldwide.